A good antivirus product has tools to help you set up a time for regular virus scan. It will check for viruses that come from email attachments or browser actions. It will create a log report and show you what it has found. Here are some tips for running a virus scan.
- You must create backup of all your files. It’s a good practice to create backup regularly. This way, in case you pick up a virus, your work won’t be hampered.
- If you are considering which antivirus software to choose, you can install a free antivirus trial software. It will give you time to become familiar with the tools and the level of protection you will get.
- Before installing the antivirus software, execute a critical scan of the major system components such as the registry and startup services. If any problem is found, then first remove the problem and then install the antivirus software.
- Once you have installed the software, you should verify that all security updates are downloaded. Then execute a full virus scan so that it scans everything from hard drives, removable media to emails.
- Before you restore any data from backup, first clean them by running a virus scan. This will ensure that you don’t bring back any virus.
If you keep your computer protected from viruses and malware, then your system will be in good condition. A good antivirus is a good investment for your computer.